UKI Agility Trial

The boys and I went to a UKI Agility trial this Saturday.  The courses were not as tight as I was expecting and actually had a NADACy feel to them, even the advanced levels on Saturday.


Vito
Vito was in 3 runs: gamblers, agility, and steeple chase.
Pros:  I think we're getting a good warm up routine down.  A mixture of butt rubbs, then tugging, followed by the food flick game.  I guess we won't be able to do the food flicks at outdoor/dirt trials, but it's doing a really nice job of keeping him focused yet also some intensity.   Even when our first two runs were delayed once we had already entered the ring, Vito did a nice job of staying focused on me and keeping excited.  Zero looking at the judge or ring crew.  Running contacts were all in and we didn't have any issues on course.  Since steeplechase was basically one big speed circle he was a very happy boy!  Of course that is the one run where the record button wasn't actually pushed on the video camera.  We qualified in 2 out of the 3 runs and in agility he just knocked the first bar.

Cons:  While Vito seemed pretty confident this trial we still have a ways to go in running.  And although he handled the delays in our runs pretty well I know it sucked some zap out of him.

Lance
Lance was only entered in gamblers and the 2nd round of agility.  In gamblers he was a bit fiesty, totally sailing over the yellow on the dogwalk and then popping out of his weaves.  During agility I did a more active job of trying to manage his contacts and I think he got a toenail in on the aframe and dogwalk.  I have no idea what to do with the corgi's contacts still!  At least he always has a blast.  Lance qualified in both runs.

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( February 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM )  

Wow! Vito was on FIRE!! His RC looked awesome and his teeter was impressive - he looked really happy :)
I thought Lances weaves looked really fast and smooth (must have missed the part where he popped out!).
What a fun day! I looked at some UKI videos yesterday online and they all had weird obstacles like bridges and hoop tunnels.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( February 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM )  

Thanks! UKC is the one with weird obstacles :) I don't think there have been any UKC trials in MN in awhile but I've heard talk of some clubs bringing them back this year.

UKI is a very new venue that is supposed to be more "international" style flavored. there is only 1 trial per year in the twin cities but 2 more in Duluth. I wish there were more since they allow training runs where you can bring out toys on course!

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( February 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM )  

I was quite surprised by the courses! And I guess they were even MORE nadac-y on Sunday? Weird! But anyways, Vito sure looked good! Happy and extending big on the second DW especially (it made me go "woowoo" when I watched! :). Great job!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( February 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM )  

wow, you rock look at that running you are fast and what fantastic runs, looks like a great weekend.

Loretta Mueller  – ( February 8, 2012 at 7:20 AM )  

Congrats!!!! It's great seeing the boy so darn happy!!!!

Great DW's too!!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"