Vito at Loretta Mueller seminar

This past Sunday I took Vito to an agility seminar with Loretta Mueller.  It was a long drive but the great news is that Vito did fantastic in the car!

Yes, this happened!
He had a great time!  The beginning was a little rough.  He wasn't sure about the non rubberized aframe and couldn't weave.  But we broke things down and rewarded LOTS.
I learned some great tips on handling Vito so he doesn't have time to stress over mistakes and ways to keep his excitement up.  I'm going to need to borrow someone's personality while running him as apparently Vito really likes frantic handling and that is so not me.  So if you see me in practice or in a trial, remind me to use lots of verbals and to act like that tunnel is an urgent manner!

But Vito didn't get stressed once during the seminar and even ended the day with crazy flying aframes (ahh!) and trying to single stepping weaves!  There were a lot of knocked bars over the day but that's not typically one of his issues so whatever I guess. 

Since I did so much of 3-5 obstacle reward, video isn't that exciting.  But I did want to show off his attempts at swimming the weaves, which he NEVER does even in practice, and 2 attempts at one hit aframes, which again he hasn't done in years!  Happy toller!

andrea  – ( July 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM )  

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! so pleased about the car and the seminar :)

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( July 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM )  

Vito is an awesome dog! I loved watching you guys run! Those A-frames were very fun to watch - he was like "weeee! I'm flying!" Did you see the picture I took of Vito? It's his 'hot tongue' LOL!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( July 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM )  

Wow, look at those weaves! Look at that flying aframe! Loretta seems like she would be so awesome to do a seminar with- sounds like you had a great time- I love working on smaller sequences!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"