Vito's Agility Comeback?

Vito also competed in the NADAC trial this weekend, 3 runs both days.  Saturday was FANTASTIC!  He was getting super sassy with me at the start line and ran really well. If it wasn't for that stupid NADAC rule about taking leashes off before permitted we could have had even more sasss!  All dogwalks this weekend were straight exits and gorgeous. 

 Our last run of the day was Chances and I was a bit worried before walking into the ring.  I was asking Vito if he was ready to do his "ramp" and getting him revved up.  Vito got very excited but instead of doing his toller scream or little barks he started his reactive bark.  I looked and he wasn't staring at anybody but he continued that type of barking walking into the ring and while he sat.  I thought there was a very good chance that Vito would go over the aframe and run to either the bar setter or judge.  Instead Vito kept barking as I released him, even while he went over the aframe, and then shut up and took the off course tunnel.  So that's good, I guess.


Sunday was not as awesome.  He still did some barking at me on the start line and warmed up pretty well.  But the 3 runs weren't quite as enthusiastic.  Not bad, just not awesome.  I was thinking maybe I should only do one day trials with him, but then remembered that some days he does much better on day #2 than on day #1.  Oh well, we do very few 2 day trials anyway due to that little thing called money.

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( July 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM )  

Yaaaaay! Hooray for sassy! Video seems private maybe? But I'll assume it was awesome for now! :)

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( July 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM )  

Hmm, not private but unable to play on mobile due to stupid song.

Loretta Mueller  – ( July 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM )  

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!! I think he honestly will settle in with time. I am so happy he is enjoying agility!!!!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( July 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM )  

I will have to check out the video when I get on the "big"computer. So hard to figure out the perfect formula isn't it! :-). Sounds like Vito is making some good progress always hard to accept things don't just go in one straight line- always a little back and forth progress :-) I keep reminding myself of that lately!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"