Training Lists

I made a training list.  I was going to write that I am not a list person.  I don't create checklists, am not much of a planner, and generally consider myself the opposite of Type A.  But then I just realized that I am that person when it comes to the dogs.  I do have a crazy obedience spreadsheet listing the results of every trial we've been to and tabs within said spreadsheet breaking down each open and utility exercise comparing points lost.  I have an upcoming events spreadsheet that goes a year out with every upcoming obedience/rally/agility trial and columns for date closing, what each dog entered, if results were submitted to the club, etc.  And don't get me started on the bullet point journal I did for Vito's anxiety issues that was almost daily for 2yrs, updated about biweekly currently, and is at 142 pages, at size 10 font.


So I guess my new training list isn't that far off the mark.  It's a tricks list actually.  On it lists a handful of tricks that I really want to train for the boys, most of which I've already started at some point but like usual faded off.  Also on the list is a handful of tricks working on core strength or balance; tricks that for the most part are fairly well known but ones that I don't make an effort do keep up on.  It's done in pretty big font so I can tape the list in my living room and remind me to do it.

K-Koira  – ( April 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM )  

If you haven't yet, you should join the Facebook Training Challenge. It is a fun way to get motivated to work on different training with your dogs- mostly various silly tricks, but you can always propose challenges to the group as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/440663569341895/

Dexter  – ( April 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM )  

That's a good idea. I think I will follow your lead. I tend to not stick with something until Dex really learns it. There are foundation behaviors which are so important.

Mango Momma

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( April 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM )  

Thanks, I have joined the facebook group already! It's fun to see what others are doing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"