Zumi 24wks

Such a busy girl!  Overall does a really nice job of trying to be calm in the house though.  Mainly gets in trouble for not caring who or where she steps on in trying to get where she wants to be.  Where Zumi thinks she belongs she creates a space regardless of whether there was room before!


Still managed to hang onto bedtime privileges despite face huggings.


She will be finishing up her last puppy agility class this week.  It's technically an ongoing class, but now that she's getting close to 6 months I just don't feel it's the most appropriate class for her. Nothing dangerous for her puppy body, just not stuff I really want her rehearsing.  Biggest downside is going to be losing the opportunity to be in a group class.  I suppose I could put her in an obedience class it's just that I hate attending more structured type classes where every dog has to train the same thing for 5-10min at a time.  That's why all but my Puppy Prodigy classes are upper level obedience. It allows me to lead either unstructured free for all type classes or one dog at a time Ring Confidence classes.

Training time I've taken the leap to teaching scent articles.  Not going so well on teaching her that I actually want sniffing, even with food on the bar, so I'm likely going to switch methods and take out the possibility of a retrieve pretty soon.

Random running pictures from this last week's park adventures!


 Super Duck!

 Girl loves her sticks!

Crazy eyes!
  
Giraffe?

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 2:57 PM )  

In that picture with all of them on the bed what are Lance and Vito wearing??

Good luck with the scent articles! I never did progress to the point of trying scent training... or actually any discrimination training at all. I'm such a noob haha.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM )  

They are both wearing Back on Track jackets. Designed initially for horses actually :) Vito wears it every night as he has just always been a really stiff dog and I do feel it helps him. Haven't noticed any difference with Lance and he used to just wear it at trials. But since his injury he now wears it nightly as well just in case. A ton of dog sport people swear by them and they make people products too. Who knows if it helps, but it can't hurt!

You should join my Scent Article Shaming group on facebook! Several people new to articles are training it and we're giving advice to each other. It's helped a lot in keeping me accountable!

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM )  

Cool!! I'm familiar with the horse Back on Track products and the humans ones. Did not know about the jackets. I'm saving up to possibly get hubby a BOT back brace for riding horses in. I have a friend who swears by it. :D

I will definitely look up your Facebook group. :D Am I friends with you on Facebook? I don't add a lot of people on FB just for the sake of internet anonymity, but I would definitely add you. If you want you can email me and we can add each other. Mine is kind of hard to find lol. :)

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM )  

Here's the link to the scent article group I started: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560986040830684/

My facebook is fairly easy to find, Laura Waudby. I just post more about my dogs :)

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM )  

Sweet thanks! I'll join the group. :D All I post about on FB is my animals too lol. I share stuff occasionally if I see something funny, but that's about all. I mostly use it to catch up with friends and family. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"