Settling in with Penelope

Penelope is fitting in nicely!  Brave rattie comes easily out of her cage and is starting to explore the ground a bit more.



Zumi is being so good.  She quickly learned that offering a down gets Penelope to come up to her more and somehow Zumi even started offering her head down behavior whenever Penelope bolts back up to her cage!  Penelope likes to actually use Zumi as a safe zone as she starts to explore the room and then bolts back to Zumi or me.


Mouthing of my fingers is almost completely gone now.  But while she loves crawling around on me she still doesn't want to be held.

I knew she loved stashing her food on the upper level but when I went to change out the fleeces today I found 2 whole cups worth of kibble in one of her hideouts!  Decided to just move her food bowl to the upper level and see if that pleases her.
Still working on finding her a little friend.  It's hard to find one that isn't part of a "bonded pair" in rescue.

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM )  

Awww you're making me want a hedgehog! I've wanted one for a long time, but I forget about it until someone mentions small pets like rats hehe. Penelope is so cute! I'm glad she's getting so comfortable.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM )  

You should!!! I love having little pocket pets! So little work required, but lots of fun :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"