World's tiniest set of 2x2s

Why yes that is a new weave pole set!  

Of course it has a velcro base which allows the configuration of 2x2s.  And it might be safe to say that this is the only set of tiny 2x2s in the world?

Let the training beginning!  Method will be a highly butchered version of 2x2's, channel, and luring.  My plan was to start with the 3 sets of poles squished together to form a tiny channel for the first lesson, gradually pulling them farther apart but not angling them in any way.  I thought this would be the easiest as it would kinda be like a tunnel for Penelope.

I quickly learned that Penelope is bigger than I thought!  But thankfully the spacing will still work, just not as ample room as I was picturing as I cut the wood.  I also learned that it's way easier to reset a rat than a dog!  And discovered that weave poles taste delicious to the ratties!

But Penelope did learn the "reward line" :)  And for the most part she's  rockstar at 3 sets set up in a channel even if there's room in between to cut out.  So recently I started angling the sets.  Lots more errors!

Oh and Evee occasionally pokes her head out and wants a free cookie.  I try and lure her a little bit, she's certainly not ready to offer any behavior!  But Evee is getting a bit more pushy about the treats each session so I have hope!

Video of a session earlier this week, I think it was her first time with anything angled and you can see I'm super indecisive of how I want to progress.

Kristen  – ( June 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM )  

Adorable!

There's a papillon puppy in training that is almost small enough to use those.

Very nice invention!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 19, 2015 at 9:03 PM )  

Ha ha! I made each base 3.5in, so likely just under 3in between :)

Achieve1dream  – ( June 21, 2015 at 7:34 PM )  

That is awesome!!!! I'm so excited to see Evie getting involved. She's smart you can tell! She has it figured out already. :D I love Penelope's enthusiasm. Oh and Zumi's cute nose!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"