More Signal Proofing

Still trying to find ways to replicate Lance's down signal issue.  Mostly I'm failing, but sometimes I get Lance to fail!
Here are some of the ways I've tried to both test Lance's understanding of the down and understanding of remain in a stand until cued to down.

- Food in front of him

-Food under his chest
- Food on his paws

- Waving a bag of food in my other hand
- Between a helper's legs
- A helper touching him
- Standing underneath Vito
- In between me dancing erratically.
- Suddenly dropping my chin to my chest and closing my eyes

This weekend we have a CDSP trial where I will get to see if Lance is truly back to being "fixed" and then next weekend is another AKC trial.  Fingers are crossed.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"