Learning Photography

First goal of the new year has been met!  Or maybe the first carry over goal from 2015.  This time the goal was mine, not dog related.  Well kinda dog related.  I love taking pictures of my dogs and got my first DSLR camera exactly a year ago.  I can't say I used it too much past the auto settings though despite my wanting to try.  I struggled with the application of book knowledge to actually applying it.  Primarily I used "running man" setting :(

I've been taking Amy Johnson's Shoot the Dog class at the Fenzi academy and have been greatly enjoying it.  Taking one concept at a time and seeing how that changes things, then the next concept, and so on.  Really good class.

And now I have graduated to at least figuring out the pesky "M" setting.  Only occasional "running man" or "flower" will be used from now on!

Straight out of the camera. Not great. BUT I don't think my settings were too far off and are kinda fixable if I do a tiny bit of cleanup work.






Next step, lots and lots more practice.  And getting a bigger lens so I don't have to crop in so much.
If you want to learn too, Amy will be offering the class again February 1st as well as her new 2nd level class!

dogbird daily  – ( January 3, 2016 at 8:19 PM )  

That group photo of them is too cute and I love the composition! What is the range on the lens you are using now?

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( January 3, 2016 at 8:42 PM )  

Thank you, it's hard learning something new! I currently just have a 17-50mm. I want a 70-200 as I'm always at the 50mm and always end up cropping in on the photos.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"