Problem Solving the Sit Signal

Lesson learned.  I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had to re train Zumi's down to sit action as she added the super cute bonus of backing up in a sit.  Now I know if you think something is cute you can laugh but never reward.  Those cute behaviors are guaranteed to stick!

I haven't been doing too much practice with fixing it since I posted last.  Mainly resetting for the backward motion ones, being close, and rewarding her forward out of the sit.  Last night I thought about other ways that I can communicate how I want her to sit that might be more clear to her.
1) back foot target
2) down-beg

Down to a beg sounded a lot more fun and really good conditioning work too boot.  Of course now I can envision this becoming part of the picture, so maybe I don't learn lessons very well after all.

Here is the before footage, already posted here:


And here from lesson #2 with this plan.  I included the entire lesson.  Love Denise Fenzi's new blog challenge on using video to show the world how you train.  Video is a more powerful message than words when it comes to sharing your philosophy on training.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"