Zumi Ring Entrances

Another round of my online ring confidence is coming up in a few days!  I decided to film a few new videos for the class, especially since Zumi is quite a bit older now.

I have her very first "squish" to ring entrance games on film from when I think she was 7 months old.  At that time she was pretty new with both parts and had basically no duration at all waiting between my legs and had major excitement upon being released.  Perfectly fine for baby dog!


I haven't done as much practice with the games as I had planned since then, but we're definitely much further ahead on addressing those issues now.  We have calm waiting in position.  We have a clear understanding that my hands on her chest means get excited.  And now I"m just starting to address some thinking to go along with her drive.  Zumi is definitely a dog who is going to need control on the release, but I do not want to lower her energy to do it.  For the last 3 of the 5 entrances I did this past week I purposefully used her ball as a reward to up her arousal levels and teach her how to work through it.



Ximena  – ( January 31, 2016 at 1:00 PM )  

I love her. That is all. :)

I also love those little twirls you have her do before she is allowed to run after her ball. I do that all the time in heelwork to reinforce position! I'm doing something right. :D

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( January 31, 2016 at 6:03 PM )  

Thank you!
I spin Zumi because she loves to forge and crab. And then on that last repetition she anticipated being rewarded and spun herself :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"