Zumi the Vegetarian

Zumi officially declared that she wants to be a vegetarian too.  I completely understand little Duck.  I hesitated a long time when I opened my bag of birds and stared down at the corpses.

Here is her first embarrassing session. I applaud her moral compass.


It caught me completely off guard based on her super eagerness when I attached feathers to a bumper.  It took her awhile to learn to take food and toys as a reward in exchange for giving up the feathers.
So I regrouped and did a 2nd short session with lots of rewards and the bird on the ground.  We ended day #1 with a few open mouths on the poor bird.

Today we went for a lot more play breaks and making it much more of a higher energy session after the 50sec mark.  Still concerned at the start but I'm happy with where we ended.  Still just occasional open mouths but more confident.  Fascinating how her how demeanor changed when I started to make it more energetic session with lots of breaks.  Or maybe it was just that we had a heart to heart of all the things she would have to give up if she really wanted to be a vegetarian dog.

Vito did not have any morality issues.

Feather plucker!

Kristen  – ( March 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM )  

Yay! I love that you are sharing so much of your training process.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"