In Season

I hate being right sometimes.  I've been waiting for Zumi to come into heat again for awhile now.  When the UKI trial was approaching in April I knew that she would hold off.  Because dogs in heat are allowed to compete in UKI agility of course!  I figured she would wait and wait until right before the USDAA trial next weekend.  And sure enough.


Just over 8 months since her last cycle.  I guess Zumi really wanted me to fully realize the pros and cons of doing the ovary sparing spay vs a traditional spay.  Sigh.

There's not a ton of local USDAA (or UKI) trials in this area so it's going to be awhile before Zumi gets to experience her second trial I guess.

Kristen  – ( May 9, 2016 at 9:02 AM )  

Noooo!

I'm very concerned about this for us!

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( May 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM )  

Sorry! Enda's in season too. Messing up some plans of mine, too.

What are your considerations for the spay? Interested in your opinions on both.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( May 9, 2016 at 11:01 PM )  

I am really wanting to leave her hormones in as most of the research is showing that it is much healthier for males and females with both their growth as young dogs and the odds of cancer. The risk of pyometra is the biggest reason I would want to spay her and the OSS pretty much takes care of that problem which is why I am strongly considering it.
It's just that she would still be considered to be in heat for trial purposes and well clearly that sucks. I told myself that I would wait until she was 2yrs to decide so that way I would both know how difficult her cycles were if I chose an OSS and I would feel comfortable with her age if I chose a normal spay.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"